This website (www.Carambola.ie) is owned and operated by The Carambola Ltd ("we", “our” and "us").);
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we may use personal information that we may obtain about you. By using this web site generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you use this site some of our services may require further details, this may require further information in order for us to contact you about your request.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to administer our website services;
(b) for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
(c) we would like to keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) together with those of subsidiaries of Carambola, by any of the following methods:
- telephone (including automated calls)
- SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- or otherwise
(d) to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Carambola subsidiaries, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of Your Information
4. We may give information about you to the following, (but not without your express agreement) who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) to other Carambola subsidiaries;
(b) to employees and agents of Carambola to administer any products and services provided to you by Carambola now or in the future;
(c) agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
(d) to other Carambola subsidiaries for the administration of prize draws or competitions.
(e) to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
(f) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
5. In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable Republic of Ireland data protection legislation.
6. Cookies help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. Cookies may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but some functions may not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses. It is your responsibility to manage this on your computer.
7. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers and only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website.
8. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
9. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
10. You have the right to access personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a small fee. Requests should be directed to the address below. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us (see details below).
11. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from the Carambola mailing list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
For further information on using the website, please read our Terms and Conditions.