Around this time of year, with the cold weather still upon us, something with a nice spicy kick is always worth a go.
Try this Spicy Roast Parsnip soup and let us know how it goes!
What you need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seed, plus extra to garnish
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 675g parsnips, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1.2l vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. In a bowl, mix together the oil and spices. Add the vegetables and mix well. Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Spoon into a food processor or liquidiser with half the stock and process until smooth. If you don't have a blender, you can always give it a good mash with a potato masher - although it will be a bit chunkier! Pour into a pan with the remaining stock, season, then heat until barely simmering. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds
Remember to send us photo's!! www.facebook.com/carambolakidz