The beauty of this recipe is that you can get the kids involved. With the weather being so dreary, finding things to do can be difficult. Helping to make their own pizza is exciting, it can be informative and it brings the family together.
TIPS: pick out toppings that you are happy with first, before everyone arrives in the kitchen. Stick to low-fat cheese and be adventurous with Veggies! With vegetables think colourful - it makes the pizza look more appetizing, and it can be educational for kids.
You Will Need:
- 4 whole-wheat tortilla's
- 2 medium tomatoes - chopped and seeded (remove the goop)
- Veggies of your choice
- 22g of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp basil
- Small bit of black pepper
What to do:
- Organise your toppings. It might be a good idea to get the chopping out of the way if you have smallies.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C
- Give everyone a tortilla (one tortilla pizza is enough per child)
- Have everyone layer the tortilla with the slices of tomato
- Everyone choose their own Veggies!
- Sprinkle the top with cheese - remember portion size! The recipe calls for 22g cheese between 4 pizzas, not each!
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins
- Post pictures to the Carambola Facebook page at www.facebook.com/carambolakidz :)