These tips are from Rachel's Kitchen Cosmetics In-Class Seminar - click here for more info!
For your Hair!
Beat 1 egg white until foamy. Add to 5 Tbsps plain natural yogurt. Apply to hair in small sections at a time. Leave in for 15 minutes. Rinse.
Split End Treatments
Mix 1 tsp honey with 2 Tbsps olive oil, then beat in 1 egg yolk. Massage on hair in small sections. Wrap head with shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse and shampoo.
Hot Oil Treatment
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup boiling water
Place olive oil and boiling water into large glass bottle or jar with a lid. You may need to wrap a towel around the bottle to avoid burning yourself. Shake very well until oil is emulsified. Massage into hair, taking care not to burn your head. Put a shower cap or plastic bag over your hair and wrap your head in a hot towel that has been soaked in hot water then wrung out. Leave mixture on your hair for 1/2 hour, then shampoo as usual
For Grey Hair
Potatoes: Boil potato peels in water, strain, and cool. Use the strained water as an after-shampoo rinse to darken grey hair
For your Skin
Combine a handful of strawberries, a handful of grapes, 1/2 pear, 1/2 apple and 1 oz. orange juice in a blender. Apply a thin layer of honey to face, then apply fruit mixture to face. Leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
To Treat Acne
1) Make a face pack of bran plus baking soda and water.
2) Garlic: Peel and mash eight cloves of fresh garlic. Apply to face avoiding the area around the eyes. Leave on for about 15 minutes. Wash off with a warm cloth.
3) Dilute some lemon juice with water, dab pimple with solution to kill germs, cool inflammation and improve blood circulation.
To Treat Blackheads
1) For blackheads, make a paste of oatmeal and water.
2) Rub with a slice of tomato.